FAI BOD Minutes: June 2015

MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING

OF THE MEMBERS OF FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC.

The regular meeting of the Directors of FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC. was held at 1:30 p.m. on June 13th, 2015, as a scheduled meeting by general consent of the board instead of the registered office of the corporation, pursuant to the bylaws of the corporation and by notice given to the community through all normal channels.

The following Directors were present: David, Anna, Tareq, Jessica, Ash

The following Directors were excused: Tunna

The following Directors were absent:

The following acted as secretary for the meeting: David

The following members of the Community were in attendance:

The reading of the minutes of the last regular meeting was waived as they had been presented for review online.  The minutes will be considered for approval as amended in online session by consensus in future session.

 

In notice to the community, the Board submits this record of Business taken in session by the Board since the previous meeting:

 

The Board has accepted the resignation of Sunshine who notified the organization

Paid for Art Fundraiser Insurance

The Euphoria 30-day report was submitted to the Board for review

 

The following old business was discussed:

 

  1. Board Secretary Process - Anna

    1. Still looking for a good candidate.  Time to put out a callout again.

  2. Regional Status - new events policy from BM needs further review (Regional Use Agreement) but we’ll talk about status again.  Action to contact BMORG to set up meeting. -- Tabled to online discussion for Tunna

  3. New Venue Committee

    1. status on callout - light interest; put some more energy into this post Art Fundraiser.

  4. Committee Updates

    1. PW Committee -- no representation, but ELT noted that 27 - 28th will be inventory weekend and the team may need to purchase scaffolding

    2. Event Committee Updates -- selected team leads, had first meeting, locking in final effigy design, lots of new people involved with Alchemy leadership, Art Fundraiser tonight with new swag, New trainees learning Art Fundraiser process, Volunteer schedule to be opened soon, Theme Camp Registration to be opened soon, Alchemy ticket issues have indicated a need to review vendor options

    3. Communications & Community Outreach Committee Updates

      1. Website update - design of the website is ready to go, in the development phase, ready to go soon and then content will be reviewed

      2. Meeting this week; have had promotion of the Art Fundraiser from both Beltline and Flux, some of the connected artists submitted to Art Fundraiser; possibly working to connect with Urban Foragers; attended CounterPoint to talk about engagement and opportunities for community artists

    4. Tech Ops Committee Updates

      1. Password update more or less complete.

  5. Budget - temporarily appointing Tareq as CFO until a replacement for Sunshine is found

  6. 501c3 Status - in process, narrative has been started, with an August estimated due date

  7. Secretary of State filing - complete; showing in SOS website

  8. D&O - Refile for held on June 2nd, to show 501(c)(3) status filing, filed and prepared for supplemental paperwork from underwriters.

  9. Org email addresses - working, requested for the entire board to get codes to set up access for the new naming convention

  10. Committee Mergers

    1. Merge Techops and Communication

    2. Merge Outreach and Programs (pending) and Leadership Development (pending)

    3. Merge Public Works and Venue (pending)

    4. All new committees tasked with naming and charter rewrites for online discussion, to be done by Jessica before July Meeting

 

The following New Business was discussed

 

  1. Global Leadership Conference Report - tabled until after Art Fundraiser

  2. Relationship with LEO in Walker County - there will be a meeting with the Org Council to discuss best communication practices and course of action; date TBD.

  3. Drones - Ongoing discussion about the issues and liabilities of participant use

  4. Strategic Planning Goals Progress - tabled to July, considering a special meeting

  5. Tickets for leadership - discussion regarding examining the possibility of leadership for the future, examined feasibility of named tickets, still under consideration

  6. Discussion of mind of the board concerning Volunteering for events, Advisory to ELT

  7. Jacob’s Retainer Review - to be scanned to share, review and vote tabled to online discussion

  8. Bank Statement - Current as of 6/13/2015

    1. Org -  $ 28,326.63

    2. Event -  $ 13,837.69

    3. APW -  $ 2,462.90

    4. Money Market - $ 25,005.24

    5. Paypal - $ 61,449.87

  9. Appointment of new Board Member - EXECUTIVE SESSION

RETURN FROM EXECUTIVE SESSION

 

VI. ACTION ITEMS

 

Anna to create board level volunteer form

Jessica to put form in next Alchemist

Committee Merging paperwork from Jessica

Tareq to send out 30day paperwork

Verify all passwords are changed, set up LastPass for the Org - Ash

Board Email finalizations - Ash

 

VII. CONFIRM UPCOMING MEETING

 

July Meeting Date - 11 July at 1pm at David’s House

 

VIV. ADJOURN

Meeting adjourned at 4:00pm

Stay Informed!

Sign up now for the Alchemist!