FAI BOD Minutes: December 2015

MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
OF THE MEMBERS OF FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC.
 

The regular meeting of the Directors of FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC. was held at 7:10 p.m. on December 18th, 2015, as a scheduled meeting by general consent of the board instead of the registered office of the corporation, pursuant to the bylaws of the corporation and by notice given to the community through all normal channels.
 

The following Directors were present: Anna, Tunna, Michelle, Jessica, David, Tareq, Ash

The following Directors were excused:

The following Directors were absent:

The following acted as secretary for the meeting: David

The following members of the Community were in attendance: Rebecca, Dusty, Dawn Edmonds

The reading of the minutes of the last regular meeting was waived as they had been presented for review online.  Minutes approved by consensus.

In notice to the community, the Board submits this record of Business taken in session by the Board since the previous meeting:

Approval of use of Oh La La Lavender Farms as the new events property for FAI for the 2016 fundraising year

Approval of the Lease agreement between Oh La La Lavender Farms and FAI, starting 18 Dec 2015  

 

Old Business

  1. President’s Report - Secretarial Appointment
     

  2. Regional Status - Tunna

    1. no updates, need to have a meeting with Jim, potentially after the holidays
       

  3. Committee Updates

    1. PW Committee

      1. Working on 2016 budget, intown storage options, quotes for professional road construction for new site, equipment movement; need to work out how to update committee membership; charter edits are done and will be sent to the Board

      2. Land Search (sub)Committee

        1. We got land!  Reviewing property in conservancy, the property is likely to be removed as a result of communication with the commissioner; renamed to “Land Committee”

    2. Event Committee Updates

      1. Dates announced, callouts announced, effigy and temple design proposals out, interest is coming back, working on event calendar (annual), working on Euphoria Event Proposal, next meeting 20 Dec (Sunday); Finances for Alchemy are done; finish up AfterBurn Report, send out thank-you cards

    3. Communications Committee Update

      1. Sent out Alchemist on 18 Dec, checking in with web-team to work to get site up fast, will wrap up and pass along to the 2016 board, notice of user-purge for unauthenticated accounts, ticket system review done, fixing email forwarding for consolidated functions; Knowledge Training for “How To Send Out The Alchemist” is an upcoming thing.

    4. Community Outreach Committee Update

      1. Lots of opportunities, more in new business
         

  4. Budget

    1. CFO Tareq is working on the budget now, hopes to have prelims on Monday based on 2015 numbers; looking at expenses for last half of year since first half precedes his term.  Working on a sustainable ongoing Budget system that can be maintained.  Working on a manual for the new CFO.
       

  5. Sexual Harassment Policy

    1. talked about during the retreat; Tabled to the 2016 board.
       

  6. Committee write ups

    1. tabled to online discussion and reading for January vote.
       

  7. Retreat

    1. Survey overview; responses were mostly positive, wanted things to be longer and include more social time, closer to Atlanta; Some wanted a second between the major events; Jessica will type up prelim Strategic Plan from the notes of the Board breakout
       

  8. Length of President’s term [Officers terms, Bylaws sec 4.1]
     

  9. Treasurer - offer assistance to Stacia if she desires it

 

V. NEW BUSINESS

  1. Approval of Outreach Committee EOY donations

    1. $10,000 in donations

    2. Passed by Consensus (Tunna absent)
       

  2. Changing the name of EMS

    1. Work with the teams to find a better team name
       

  3. Conflict resolution policy

    1. Board will act as intermediaries, if needed.  Otherwise act as chairs to work via intra-committee communication
       

  4. Annualized General Liability insurance

    1. Investigate the cost of a GL policy on an annualized basis
       

  5. Appointment of three new voting Directors

Pursuant to Section 3.3 (a)(ii) -- appointment to membership on board of community representatives brought forth by referendum, the chair calls
Dusty Graham
Rebecca Rea
Michelle Waymire

With terms beginning Jan 1, 2016, and ending Dec 31, 2017, with a period
of transition, as new voting Directors.

Passed by Consensus
 

  1. Thundertix 12/24/2015 Renewal

    1. Renewal on 12/24; Proof of Concept for offline scanner system being analyzed.  Brown Paper Tickets and ThunderTix both seemed good, but the difference in the two was how they assess cost, and who back-end processing can be.  Possibility of doing named tickets. Tix wasn’t all that good.

      1. Motion by Jessica to change Credit Card Processors to Authorize.Net; Seconded by Anna; Passed by Consensus

      2. Motion by Communications to allow ThunderTix to renew; Passed by Consensus
         

  2. 2016 Calendar

    1. First date is to close the calendar changes on 21 Dec 2015; 2016 EC is working on their calendar and can add dates to the Board calendar, too.

    2. Board needs to read and review and add or adjust dates as soon as possible.
       

  3. Notice to Amend:

The Board serves notice under 8.1.1 of the Bylaws of the intent to amend the bylaws of the organization, as follows:

Amend Section 3.9 to strike the phrase “each consisting of two or more Directors,” and replace with “each with at least one Director as a member,”
 

Amend section 4.1 to strike “of two (2) years” and replace with "to serve a term as established by vote of the Board of Directors at the time of appointment that does not exceed 12 months"

Passed by Consensus
 

  1. Bank Statement - Current as of 12/18/2015

  1. Org $66,959.89

  2. Event: $34,367.56

  3. APW: $2,775.76

  4. Money Market: $25,011.51

  5. Paypal: $0.00

  6. President suggesting NLT $15,000 Reserve Contribution

CFO would like to sweep the money from all side accounts to the Org account for re-disbursement in 2016.

 

Action Items of Note:

 

Jessica to reach out to Rachel Smith and Alison House 12/30

Tareq to reach out to Stacia 12/30

Anna and David to work on Annualized GL policy 12/30

Tareq to complete Budget 12/30

Anna and Michelle to do ByLaw Notification Publication 12/30

 

Confirmation of Upcoming Meetings

January Meeting Date - 23 Jan 2016, 1pm, at Rebecca Rea’s House, (address forthcoming)

 

Meeting adjourned at 9:15 pm by Consensus

 

Stay Informed!

Sign up now for the Alchemist!