FAI BOD Minutes: July 2016
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING
OF THE MEMBERS OF FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC.
The regular meeting of the Directors of FLASHPOINT ARTISTS INITIATIVE, INC. was held at Rebecca’s house at 11:00 am on July 9, 2016, as a scheduled meeting by general consent of the board instead of the registered office of the corporation, pursuant to the bylaws of the corporation and by notice given to the community through all normal channels.
The following Directors were present: Dusty, Rebecca, Michelle, Anna, Aislinn.
The following Officers were present: Dusty, president; Michelle, vice-president.
The following members of the community were present: Corey Ann, Jhenah.
The vice-president called the meeting to order at 11:25 am.
The reading of the minutes of the last regular meeting was waived as they had been presented for review online. The minutes were approved as amended by consensus after a motion from the chair.
In notice to the community, the Board submits this record of business taken in session by the Board since the previous meeting:
1. Tunna resigned as a director to the board on Wednesday, June 22, 2016. The Board accepted his resignation.
2. Per FAI By Laws, the Board voted to name Aislinn to fill Tunna’s seat for the remainder of his term ending December 31, 2016.
3. The Board voted to approve the 2016 Alchemy Event Proposal on June 22.
- President’s report
- Committee’s Reports –
- PWC – Move from Lavendar Farms to in-town storage will be completed on July 9.
- Event Committee – Alchemy Tier 1 sold out in 19 minutes. Thundertix performed well. Art fundraiser money has not been received yet. Need this in order to send checks to artists.
- Conduct Committee
- Two board members will be appointed as committee liaisons, but will not count toward the total number of committee members.
- Experts/training – Still seeking a good provider for volunteer training.
- Jacob will review the document.
- Communications Committee – New Alchemy website is live! Ghini and Plurphy did awesome work on it.
- Outreach –Small number of art grants eligible to FAI. Committee is understaffed.
- Land Search – committee formed. Preliminary work has begun.
- Committee charters – table
- Insurance – Anna has an application in for Alchemy
- Taxes – Document must be signed and returned to IRS.
- Bylaws – tabled
- Money Market - $50,024
- Org - $51,071
- Event - $7,580
- APW – 12000
Dusty - Contact Tunna and the FAI organizing attorney about promissory note. David does not have it. Jacob does not have it.
Aislinn - contact past leadership over past five years to get feedback on the organization structure.
Committees will be contacted with a reminder that all financial negotiations, agreements, and promises must be negotiated by the board. Committees are encouraged to make recommendations to the board, but should not make contractual agreements with vendors or partners without board approval.
Committees are encouraged to send one member to attend board meetings as a representative for ease of communication between board and committees.
Rebecca – Contact Sarah about Art Fundraiser money transfer to bank account.
Michelle - FAI website: Add burner businesses to the website; blog from FAI leadership giving updates to special projects and efforts.
Michelle – Scan IRS document for Stacia’s signature.
Adjourned 2:10 pm.