Center Camp is the home of the Alchemy variety stage as well as a comfy place to chill and get to know fellow Alchemists. The Center Camp team is responsible for scheduling a variety of performers for performance time, as well as any other activities, such as workshops, speakers, parties, and a variety of other interactions that might occur here. Additionally, this team is responsible for decorations, furniture, PA equipment, and other such needs as determined by the team.
Center Camp Team Lead Expectations:
- Creating a comfortable, creative, centralized space where Alchemists can create and participate in a variety of activities.
- Setting up the performance stage.
- Maintenance of space, including maintaining the PA system, LNT and schedules for performances.
- Procuring all decorations for the space.
- Procuring all furniture for the space.
- Preparing a post event report
- Developing a budget for the team
Basic Team Lead Expectations:
- Attend the first Team Lead meeting on June 7th.
- Attend the monthly Team Lead meetings. If you do not live close enough to Atlanta, we require that you have a Co-Lead who can attend.
- Submit a budget for the team.
- Attend build weekend/week if required for your team.
- Set up a volunteer schedule in coordination with the volunteer coordinator.
- Attend the daily Team Lead meetings during the event.
- Assign one person (either a Team Lead or an experienced volunteer) to assist with breaking down the team's infrastructure. This team member must remain onsite until their team's assets have been completely broken down and turned over to Teardown/Public Works.
- Complete post-event report submitted 3 weeks after the event.
- Attend Radio training
- Not be scared by all this stuff! We have pretty solid support and resource systems to help you with this, especially if this is your first time leading a team.