Lead: Lucas Sims
Co-Lead: Christa Wood
Typically Center Camp hosts many sound events - DJ’s of all types are invited to participate with Center Camp to make the space a very up-beat, laser-filled, thumping music area. Center Camp has also been known to invite people to host workshops and other events as well. Every Center Camp lead in the past has executed a unique vision on how to orchestrate something like Center Camp. This year, center camp would like to continue that tradition, and take a turn at a unique vision that changes the “vibe” of Center Camp all together. Sit with a friend and have a conversation or take a breath alone to center yourself at Center Camp. Listen to the person speaking poetry or playing a harmonic acoustic melody on stage.
Types of events:
- Performance Art
- Spoken Word Poetry
- Music of all types
Want to lead Center Camp at a future burn?
Below are some expectations and requirements of team leads. Do not be scared by all this stuff! We have pretty solid support and resource systems to help you with this, especially if this is your first time leading a team.
Center Camp Lead Expectations:
- Publish and promote all things Center Camp
- Actively encourage a variety of performers and hosts to participate
- Developing a budget for the team
- Preparing a post event report
- Establishing a team to assist in the following:
- Creating a comfortable, creative, centralized space where burners can create and participate in a variety of activities
- Setting up the performance stage
- Maintenance of space, including maintaining the PA system, LNT and schedules for performances
- Procuring all decorations for the space
- Procuring all furniture for the space
General Team Lead Expectations:
- Attend the monthly Team Lead meetings. If you do not live close enough to Atlanta, we require that you have a Co-Lead who can attend.
- Submit a budget for the team.
- Attend build weekend/week if required for your team.
- Set up a volunteer schedule in coordination with the volunteer coordinator.
- Attend the daily Team Lead meetings during the event.
- Assign one person (either a Team Lead or an experienced volunteer) to assist with breaking down the team's infrastructure. This team member must remain onsite until their team's assets have been completely broken down and turned over to Teardown/Public Works.
- Complete post-event report submitted 3 weeks after the event.
- Attend Radio training