Alchemy 2016 Connexus team
Lead - Emily G
Co-lead - Alyson Brown
Connexus is the main information station during the event. We're the ones you want to visit when you have questions and are in need of answers! We rely heavily on participents to stop by and let us know if you wandered upon a cool thing that you think others would want to know about, or maybe you have a theme camp and you're planning to feed everyone tacos on Saturday afternoon, or Sunday morning pancakes. Stop by and let us know so we can add it to our board of events and spread the word! A big part of our responsibility is to ensure that all of the volunteer shifts are filled, especially those that are super critical. Want the effigy to burn on time? Stop by and ask if they're in need of more volunteers! If you decide on site that you have more you want to give to the community Connexus has an up to date volunteer schedule where you can write yourself in to pick up a list minute shift with your favorite (or decently liked) team.
This is also the stop to make if you've lost, or found any items. We'll happily store them, and try our best to reunite them with their owner after everyone is back at default camp.
Brought your children with you? Stop by and get a nifty wristband for you and them in the event you get separated. This assures we'll know where you're camped, and have contact info for you so that we can get you reunited as quickly as possible.
Want to lead Connexus at a future burn?
Below are some expectations and requirements of team leads. Do not be scared by all this stuff! We have pretty solid support and resource systems to help you with this, especially if this is your first time leading a team.
General Team Lead Expectations:
- Attend the monthly Team Lead meetings. If you do not live close enough to Atlanta, we require that you have a Co-Lead who can attend.
- Submit a budget for the team.
- Attend build weekend/week if required for your team.
- Set up a volunteer schedule in coordination with the volunteer coordinator.
- Attend the daily Team Lead meetings during the event.
- Assign one person (either a Team Lead or an experienced volunteer) to assist with breaking down the team's infrastructure. This team member must remain onsite until their team's assets have been completely broken down and turned over to Teardown/Public Works.
- Complete post-event report submitted 3 weeks after the event.
- Attend Radio training