First Aid Team
The First Aid Team is responsible for:
- Assisting participants with minor medical issues.
- Assessing first aid equipment and supplies pre-event, and submitting a budget to the Event Lead Team, as well as creating an order for any additionally needed items.
- Keeping a HIPPA safe record of any medical situations that occur at the event, so we can try to prevent these in the future.
- Having a team member present at the First Aid station 24/7.
- Having the first aid stage organized, clean and inventory kept up.
- Keeping the Event Lead Team informed about medical situations as necessary.
- Supporting Tranquility base if needed with equipment, or able hands.
We also assist our amazing paid Paramedics in facilitating the following:
- Relaying requests for emergencies that require our Medics to respond.
- Attending to participant who need care as directed by the medics.
- Assisting medics with communication with other teams as needed.
- Work with the EMS lead to inventory and replinish required first aid supplies
- Lead the efforts to set up, maintain, and break down the first aid station
First Aid Team Lead Expectations:
- Develop a plan to address staffing needs for the entire event, including volunteer levels needed.
- Work under the EMS lead and assist where needed
- Attend EMS Department Meetings to help maintain and update emergency response standard operating procedures.
Basic Team Lead Expectations:
- Attend the first Team Lead meeting on June 7th.
- Attend the monthly Team Lead meetings. If you do not live close enough to Atlanta, we require that you have a Co-Lead who can attend.
- Submit a budget for the team.
- Attend build weekend/week if required for your team.
- Set up a volunteer schedule in coordination with the volunteer coordinator.
- Attend the daily Team Lead meetings during the event.
- Assign one person (either a Team Lead or an experienced volunteer) to assist with breaking down the team's infrastructure. This team member must remain onsite until their team's assets have been completely broken down and turned over to Teardown/Public Works.
- Complete post-event report submitted 3 weeks after the event.
- Attend Radio training
- Not be scared by all this stuff! We have pretty solid support and resource systems to help you with this, especially if this is your first time leading a team.
Facebook Group: Alchemy and Euphoria First Aid