Lead - Motorcycle Wife
Co-Lead - OJ
We all drive to the burn, and if we just park all willy nilly it makes life at the burn complicated, so we have a parking lot, and we need someone to lay it out and make sure people park like civilized folk. The primary role of this team is to ensure parking and in and out traffic is properly coordinated.
Want to lead Parking at a future burn?
Below are some expectations and requirements of team leads. Do not be scared by all this stuff! We have pretty solid support and resource systems to help you with this, especially if this is your first time leading a team.
Parking Team Lead Expectations:
- Collaborate with ELT, Public Works team, and other team leads to create a plan/schedule prior to the event.
- Be able to arrive on build weekend and layout parking lot.
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to recruit your crew.
- Work on establishing team identity.
General Team Lead Expectations:
- Attend the monthly Team Lead meetings. If you do not live close enough to Atlanta, we require that you have a Co-Lead who can attend.
- Submit a budget for the team.
- Attend build weekend/week if required for your team.
- Set up a volunteer schedule in coordination with the volunteer coordinator.
- Attend the daily Team Lead meetings during the event.
- Assign one person (either a Team Lead or an experienced volunteer) to assist with breaking down the team's infrastructure. This team member must remain onsite until their team's assets have been completely broken down and turned over to Teardown/Public Works.
- Complete post-event report submitted 3 weeks after the event.
- Attend Radio training