Alchemy 2016 Teardown team
The Teardown crew is responsible for pulling down all the Alchemy-owned infrastructure and making sure it's stored properly. The Teardown crew will be the "last burners standing" and will remain on site until the job is done! This is a really great way to get involved, and say on property after everyone else is long gone. It is hard work, but it is rewarding and fun.
Want to lead Teardown for a future burn?
Below are some expectations and requirements of team leads. Do not be scared by all this stuff! We have pretty solid support and resource systems to help you with this, especially if this is your first time leading a team.
Teardown Team Lead Expectations:
- Collaborate with ELT, Public Works team, and other team leads to create a teardown plan/schedule prior to the event.
- Be able to remain on-site until teardown is complete.
- Recruit a team of volunteers who can stay late and serve on teardown crew.
- Meet with Public Works team before they leave site, and obtain a list of infrastructure items that need to be torn down.
- Pack up all event-owned infrastructure and transport to storage location.
- Work with Leave No Trace team to make sure property is left in good condition.
- The Teardown leads should consider limiting their volunteer involvement during Build Week and during the event, so that they are rested for Teardown and able to work efficiently and safely.
General Team Lead Expectations:
- Attend the monthly Team Lead meetings. If you do not live close enough to Atlanta, we require that you have a Co-Lead who can attend.
- Submit a budget for the team.
- Attend build weekend/week if required for your team.
- Set up a volunteer schedule in coordination with the volunteer coordinator.
- Attend the daily Team Lead meetings during the event.
- Assign one person (either a Team Lead or an experienced volunteer) to assist with breaking down the team's infrastructure. This team member must remain onsite until their team's assets have been completely broken down and turned over to Teardown/Public Works.
- Complete post-event report submitted 3 weeks after the event.
- Attend Radio training