Fire Safety Team
About the Fire Safety Team:
Because we like to play with fire, and because fire (as most of us know) can be pretty dangerous, we need a Fire Safety team. The Team is responsible for maintaining safety at large scale burns and fire-related installations throughout the event. This team coordinates with artists to determine the parameters for art that might pose a fire safety risk. The Fire Safety also plays a crucial role in the burning of our effigy. This team develops a fire safety plan and communicates that plan to local authorities and ensures compliance with all local, state and federal laws.
Applications to lead Fire Safety for Alchemy 2016 are live here.
- Develop a comprehensive fire safety plan for the event.
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to recruit a team that would respond to any serious fire emergencies.
- Work under the Safety lead and assist where needed.
- Identify material needs and coordinate with the Public Works Team to procure.
- Review current fire safety equipment and identify any repairs or replacements that need to be made.
- Work with Safety, Temple, Effigy, Art and Conclave teams to develop burn plans for effigy, temple and art burns.
- Conduct any needed fire safety training needed for Safety volunteers.
- Attend pre-event workshop for Safety SOP and help post burn to make SOP changes.
- Co-leads may be needed for this team to ensure comfortable coverage.
- Attend the monthly Team Lead meetings. If you do not live close enough to Atlanta, we require that you have a Co-Lead who can attend.
- Submit a budget for the team.
- Attend build weekend/week if required for your team.
- Set up a volunteer schedule in coordination with the volunteer coordinator.
- Attend the daily Team Lead meetings during the event.
- Assign one person (either a Team Lead or an experienced volunteer) to assist with breaking down the team's infrastructure. This team member must remain onsite until their team's assets have been completely broken down and turned over to Teardown/Public Works.
- Complete post-event report submitted 3 weeks after the event.
- Attend Radio training
Facebook Group: Flashpoint Fire Safety