About the Lamplighters Team:
Lamplighters are the watchful spirits of our city. They light the roads so that others may travel more easily. Being a Lamplighter Team Lead isn’t just a volunteer position, it’s a calling. To lead this team, you will need lots of dedication and no small amount of patience.
Lamplighters Team Lead Responsibilities:
- Attend build week to place lamp posts.
- Setup up the Lamplighters staging area (includes a shade structure, and pre-burn maintenance of the lamps.)
- Assist in lighting the city with your volunteers Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night.
- Completely break down all Lamplighters equipment, including the cleaning of oil lanterns and removal of lamp posts on property post-burn. (Teardown will assist as needed).
Basic Team Lead Expectations:
- Attend the Team Lead meetings. If you do not live close enough to Atlanta, we require that you have a Co-Lead who can attend or that you attend via video chat.
- Submit a budget for the team.
- Attend build weekend.
- Set up a volunteer schedule in coordination with the volunteer coordinator.
- Attend the daily Team Lead meetings during the event.
- Assign one person (either a Team Lead or an experienced volunteer) to assist with breaking down the team's infrastructure. This team member must remain onsite until their team's assets have been completely broken down and turned over to Teardown/Public Works.
- Complete post-event report submitted 3 weeks after the event.
- Attend Radio training
- Not be scared by all this stuff! We have pretty solid support and resource systems to help you with this, especially if this is your first time leading a team.
Facebook Group: Alchemy & Euphoria Lamplighters