Lead - Shane Rice
Co-Lead - Anna Kelley
Lamp Lighters are the watchful spirits of our city. They light the roads so that others may travel more easily. Being a Lamplighter Team Lead isn’t just a volunteer position, it’s a calling. To lead this team, you will require lots of dedication and no small amount of patience.
Want to lead Lamplighters at a future burn?
Below are some expectations and requirements of team leads. Do not be scared by all this stuff! We have pretty solid support and resource systems to help you with this, especially if this is your first time leading a team.
Lamplighters Team Lead Expectations:
- Attend build week to assist with planting lamp posts.
- Setup up the Lamp Lighters staging area (includes a shade structure, and pre-burn maintenance of the lamps.)
- Assist in lighting the city with your volunteers Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night.
- Completely break down all Lamplighters equipment, including the cleaning of oil lanterns and removal of lamp posts on property post burn.
General Team Lead Expectations:
- Attend the monthly Team Lead meetings. If you do not live close enough to Atlanta, we require that you have a Co-Lead who can attend.
- Submit a budget for the team.
- Attend build weekend/week if required for your team.
- Set up a volunteer schedule in coordination with the volunteer coordinator.
- Attend the daily Team Lead meetings during the event.
- Assign one person (either a Team Lead or an experienced volunteer) to assist with breaking down the team's infrastructure. This team member must remain onsite until their team's assets have been completely broken down and turned over to Teardown/Public Works.
- Complete post-event report submitted 3 weeks after the event.
- Attend Radio training