Leave No Trace (LNT) Team
About the LNT Team
One of our Ten Principles is Leave No Trace! The LNT team is responsible for continuing education about LNT philosophy and techniques. The Team helps Alchemy participants identify ways to keep their own camps clean and is also the lead organizer for post-event site recovery.
LNT Lead Expectations:
- Educate participants on LNT principles, tips, and tricks.
- Involve theme camps in encouraging Leave No Trace.
- Organize daily MOOP sweeps utilizing the LNT team and other volunteers.
- Ensure all art projects, theme camps, and teams are following their LNT plan, and implement education and assistance, as needed.
- Work with the Teardown team to ensure the property is left clean after the event,
- Attend the post-event Teardown, Monday October 5th, and possibly Tuesday October 6th, if needed.
Basic Team Lead Expectations:
- Attend the first Team Lead Meeting on June 7th.
- Attend monthly Team Lead meetings. If you do not live close enough to Atlanta, we require that you have a Co-Lead who can attend.
- Submit a budget for the team.
- Attend build weekend/week if required for your team.
- Set up a volunteer schedule in coordination with the volunteer coordinator.
- Attend the daily Team Lead meetings during the event.
- Assign one person (either a Team Lead or an experienced volunteer) to assist with breaking down the team's infrastructure. This team member must remain onsite until their team's assets have been completely broken down and turned over to Teardown/Public Works.
- Complete post-event report submitted 3 weeks after the event.
- Attend Radio training
- Not be scared by all this stuff! We have pretty solid support and resource systems to help you with this, especially if this is your first time leading a team.