About the Art Team:
The Art team is responsible for networking with artists in the community to foster the production of art for Alchemy. Do you love working with artistically inclined people? This position might be for you!
Art Team Lead Expectations:
- Work with with Placement, Sound, and Fire Safety Teams as needed to facilitate proper placement and safety procedures during the event.
- Work with the Art Fundraiser Team, as needed.
- Manage purchasing of signs and swag as needed.
- Artist outreach and central point of info.
- Publish and promote all the things art: Fundraiser, deadlines, funded projects, etc.
- Connecting artists with needed resources such as volunteers, theme camps, or work spaces.
- Support the burn's theme: promotion, guidance, discussions, etc.
- Write the call outs, and manage the submissions for any art-related event items.
- Publish and encourage submissions for the call outs.
- Experience with digital imaging preferred.
Basic Team Lead Expectations:
- Attend the first Team Lead meeting on June 7th.
- Attend the monthly Team Lead meetings. If you do not live close enough to Atlanta, we require that you have a Co-Lead who can attend.
- Submit a budget for the team.
- Attend build weekend/week if required for your team.
- Set up a volunteer schedule in coordination with the volunteer coordinator.
- Attend the daily Team Lead meetings during the event.
- Assign one person (either a Team Lead or an experienced volunteer) to assist with breaking down the team's infrastructure. This team member must remain onsite until their team's assets have been completely broken down and turned over to Teardown/Public Works.
- Complete post-event report submitted 3 weeks after the event.
- Attend Radio training
- Not be scared by all this stuff! We have pretty solid support and resource systems to help you with this, especially if this is your first time leading a team.
- Facebook group: Euphoria & Alchemy Artists
- Alchemy 2015 Art Fundraiser Event Information
- Alchemy 2015 Art Fundraiser FAQ
- Alchemy 2015 Art Theme: Amalgamation
- Alchemy 2015 Funded Artist Blog Series