About the Art Team:
The Art team is responsible for networking with artists in the community to foster the production of art for Alchemy. Do you love working with artistically inclined people? This position might be for you!
Art Team Lead Expectations:
- Work with with Placement, Sound, and Fire Safety Teams as needed to facilitate proper placement and safety procedures during the event.
- Work with the Art Fundraiser Team, as needed.
- Manage purchasing of signs and swag as needed.
- Artist outreach and central point of info.
- Publish and promote all the things art: Fundraiser, deadlines, funded projects, etc.
- Connecting artists with needed resources such as volunteers, theme camps, or work spaces.
- Support the burn's theme: promotion, guidance, discussions, etc.
- Write the call outs, and manage the submissions for any art-related event items.
- Publish and encourage submissions for the call outs.
- Experience with digital imaging preferred.
Basic Team Lead Expectations:
- Attend the first Team Lead meeting on June 7th.
- Attend the monthly Team Lead meetings. If you do not live close enough to Atlanta, we require that you have a Co-Lead who can attend.
- Submit a budget for the team.
- Attend build weekend/week if required for your team.
- Set up a volunteer schedule in coordination with the volunteer coordinator.
- Attend the daily Team Lead meetings during the event.
- Assign one person (either a Team Lead or an experienced volunteer) to assist with breaking down the team's infrastructure. This team member must remain onsite until their team's assets have been completely broken down and turned over to Teardown/Public Works.
- Complete post-event report submitted 3 weeks after the event.
- Attend Radio training
- Not be scared by all this stuff! We have pretty solid support and resource systems to help you with this, especially if this is your first time leading a team.
For the first time we will have a tent just for Art at the burn! You can find the Art Hub at Center Camp this year. This tent will include maps of all the art, funded or independant (must be registered to be included). There will also be info available about the funded projects and artists. Two other events, an Artist Social and a Fundrasier Q&A, will be held at the Hub and give everyone a chance learn more about the fundrasiing process or just more about the artists themselves.
- Man the table at the Art Hub located in Center Camp, shifts are 2 hours long
- Familiaze yourself with the Map and Project Info provided at the tables in binders
- Be ready to go help an artist with their project as needed. This could include setup or tear down.
Building on the successful stroll of Euhporia 2015, we will be conducting two strolls at Alchemy 2015: Friday at 4pm and Satruday at 1pm.
The Stroll will begin at the Art Hub and include the Funded Art, Effigy, Temple and Registered Independant Art.
- Conduct Art Stolls at the appointed times at the burn
- Meet at the Art Hub before your Jockey shift with enough time to read over the Project Binders and Maps so you can give attendees details
- Lead Stroll attendees from Hub through desginated Stroll Path to all the Funded projects, Independant registered projects, Effigy and Temple.
Sign up to Volunteer as an Art Hubbist or Stroll Jockey on the Art Volunteer Page after you have secured your ticket to the burn.
Alchemy 2015 Art Team
Lead - Serenity River
Co-Lead - Samantha Weinstein
Assitant - Jennifer Thomson
Facebook group: Euphoria & Alchemy Artists
- Alchemy 2015 Art Fundraiser Event Information
- Alchemy 2015 Art Fundraiser FAQ
- Alchemy 2015 Art Theme: Amalgamation
- Alchemy 2015 Funded Artist Blog Series