DMV (Department of Mutant Vehicles) Team
The mission of the Alchemy Department of Mutant Vehicles (DMV) is to provide a safe, fun and interactive experience for all participants of Alchemy. DMV is responsible for:
- reviewing and improve driving, licensing and mutation guidelines for Mutant Vehicles/Art Cars and vehicles for use by a disabled person
- renforcing driving policies during Alchemy
- review all MV/Art Car and vehicle for disabled person(s) applications
- inspect and license, MV's, Art Cars, vehicles for disabled persons on-site
- ensure all vehicles that are NOT an approved or licensed MV/Art Car are parked in the designated parking lot
DMV must balance the desire to have vehicles at the event with the community standards of keeping Alchemy a foot- and bike-friendly event, maintaining a level of safety, and adhering to the stipulations of our land use permit. Because of these limiting factors, not all vehicles that apply can be licensed. While this is not an easy job, the DMV believes having Mutant Vehicles at Alchemy is an important part of the Alchemy experience and work hard to make it possible. Simply put, DMV makes it possible to have MV's and Art Cars at Alchemy.
The DMV Team works hard prior to the event reviewing all MV/Art Car applications to ensure they comply with mutation, sound, safety and fire policies set forth in the MV/Art Car Guidelines. During the event, DMV will inspect and license all MV/Art Cars and vehicles for use by a disabled person, that have been formally invited to the event and ensure all non-licensed vehicles are parked in the designated parking areas.
If you have any questions, please email DMV at email@example.com
Please read the Alchemy driving policy.
If you are a person with a disability, read this.
To view images of previous MVs/Art Cars at Alchemy, please view http://alchemyburn.com/2014/photos
So let's see that Art!
2015 Alchemy DMV Team:
Team Lead: Dawn